We are looking for a principal hardware/electrical engineer to lead the electronics development activities for our consumer product. The ideal candidate has experience leading consumer electronics product development from concept to mass production.
In this critical role you will lead an extended team of internal and external hardware engineers to ensure that the electrical design meets target performance and schedule. You will drive overall EE development activities including architecture definition, component selection and detailed design. You are responsible for defining engineering validation and manufacturing test plans and leading bring up, validation and debug activities with our ODM/JDM partners.
What you'll need to have:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience designing high volume, battery operated, portable consumer electronics products in a lead/senior role. Must have been through at least one full product development lifecycle from concept to delivery
- SoC based system integration experience with deep understanding in some of following areas: wireless, power, batteries, audio, camera, USB etc
- Ability to take into consideration cross-functional design aspects involving ME, SW, RF, Audio, optics etc. and to proactively work with team members to anticipate and address potential challenges
- Experience taking a product through regulatory certification
- Experience leading ODM/JDM partners through the development process
This position will report to our Director of Hardware engineering and will require international travel to Asia to support builds.