castAR is building a high-caliber, innovative team, pushing the boundaries in augmented reality gaming. If you are exceptionally motivated and looking to get in early with a company on the brink of delivering the next breakthrough in entertainment, this is your opportunity! Come join a team focused on bringing a truly unique product to the world.
We are looking for an Embedded Firmware Engineer to join our hardware product development team. The ideal candidate has experience bringing up new embedded hardware platforms and development of manufacturing test software.
As the embedded software expert on the team, you will assume ownership of the firmware from development, integration, test to manufacturing. You will collaborate with electrical engineering on the hardware design and implementation process throughout the development. You will write firmware, programs, scripts as necessary to test embedded systems to support design verification and high volume production test activities.
What you’ll need to have:
- Strong C / C++ programming skills.
- 5+ experience with driver development, board level development. Ability to review schematics and digest component data sheets
- 5+ years experience with microcontroller board development and debugging, preferably with ARM Cortex-M series devices
- Excellent knowledge of hardware subsystems and common peripheral buses I2C, SPI, USB
- Experience setting up various embedded toolchains, build and debugging environments and using debugging tools like oscilloscopes, bus analyzers
- Hands-on experience working with wireless protocols, especially Bluetooth/BLE in an embedded environment
- Exposure to consumer electronics development product lifecycle and processes
- Must be a strong team player with great interpersonal skills. Must be able to thrive in a startup environment with minimal supervision
Would be great if you also have:
- Experience with Linux Kernel development