castAR is building a high-caliber, innovative team, pushing the boundaries in augmented reality gaming. If you are exceptionally motivated and looking to get in early with a company on the brink of delivering the next breakthrough in entertainment, this is your opportunity! Come join a team focused on bringing a truly unique product to the world.
The Supply Sourcing and Commodity Manager will be a natural leader and facilitator who is driven, organized, detailed oriented and enjoys developing business process to eliminate ambiguity. As an excellent program/project manager, they will communicate seamlessly with all levels of the organization. They will be adept at facilitating actions, resolving conflicts, managing relationships and influencing others to perform at the highest level. Under pressure, this person will mobilize their team as one unit to tackle any challenge.
What you'll be building:
- Ensure the best possible cost, flexibility, and supply continuity for our product.
- Track and negotiate best possible pricing. Benchmark input costs and create “should-cost”models
- Develop detailed timing and plans for supplier capacity, vendor qualification, tool bring up and cost reductions. Facilitate meetings to track progress against plans and resolve issues to keep the program on time and the cost-reductions on-track.
- Understand and manage supply risks. Put plans in place to reduce/manage those risks.
- Run quarterly business reviews with key manufacturing partners. Represent CastAR short and long term business interests in these meetings.
- Ensure clear-to-build/material availability for development builds and production ramps. Drive 24wk material visibility and availability for production ramps. Lead regular material readiness meetings with Commodity Manager, reviewing the supply base for issues related to location, logistics, single source, subcomponent lead time, order lead time, material allocation, or cancellation window.
- Owns capacity/ramp planning for CM and key component suppliers
- Owns post MP tooling, copy tooling, tool asset management.
- Coordinate the phase out of obsolete parts with the launch of new products.
- Up to 30% travel to Asia
What you'll need to have:
- BS in Engineering preferred and Mandarin speaking is a plus.
- MS in Business, Supply Chain Management preferred
- Minimum 5 years of supply chain or factory related experience
- Passionate about team environments
- Able to influence and build relationships with key supplier executives
- Analytical and detailed oriented; an excel Ninja
- Great written and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing cost reductions and material availability