castAR is building a high-caliber, innovative team, pushing the boundaries in mixed reality gaming. If you are exceptionally motivated and looking to get in early with a company on the brink of delivering the next breakthrough in entertainment, this is your opportunity! Come join a team focused on bringing a truly unique product to the world.
The Controller will be responsible for the accounting activities, policies, procedures and systems, reporting to the CFO. This position covers all the duties required in the Finance and Accounting department of a growing venture backed start-up company, from some basic activities to the high level Controller duties. The Controller will also focus on driving some important projects to scale the company including selecting and implementing a new accounting system and other tools and systems required to grow quickly.
The Controller will also contribute to the Company’s business plan development and implementation. You will ensure timely and accurate GAAP-based monthly financial statement reporting, ensure tax and risk-management compliance, establish appropriate financial controls and provide ad hoc reporting and analysis to the executive team. As the Company grows, the Controller will be expected to continue building and managing a high performance Finance and Accounting team.
What you'll be doing:
- Managing the accounting department and all the typical activities in accounting
- Establishing budgets and working with internal business groups to ensure adherence to budget guidelines and reporting on variances
- Researching and then implementing a new accounting system that is appropriate for a consumer hardware/software company using outsource manufacturing
- Coordinating with CFO and other teams to implement financial controls and operational processes as the Company continues to grow
- Maintaining tax compliance in all areas (income, property, payroll, state/local, sales tax, international)
- Monitoring purchases and manage costs
- Establishing and maintaining capitalization and stock option ledger, including monthly stock option expensing
- Providing ad hoc analysis and reporting as required
- Producing Financial Information package for presentation at Board meetings
- Maintaining the company financial forecast model
- Processing of contracts and working with CFO to negotiate contracts
- Working with CFO and other management team members to develop a set of appropriate internal applications and systems to enable the Company to scale rapidly over the next 18 months
- Registering and complying with all export rules and regulations
- Working with international Contract Manufactures, including providing accurate and timely inventory visibility and accounting
What you'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree and CPA required.
- At least 10 years of experience in all areas of accounting.
- Software, Hardware, Subscription and/or SaaS-based business experience with a good understanding of revenue recognition guidelines.
- 5+ years in consumer electronics focused companies
- Experience with connecting and using state-of- the-art applications and systems to allow companies to scale (ERP, CRM, Supply Chain, Data Visualization & Reporting, etc.)
- Strong in MS-Office, particularly, Excel skills.
- Ability to coordinate effectively across all functional areas.
- Self-motivated team player who works well independently and with others.
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with multiple projects to manage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven financial analysis, planning, and forecasting skills.
- Experience in a venture-backed start-up environment is strongly desired.
- Experience in larger companies is useful to provide a vision of the future.
- Proven skill in building and motivating teams