castAR is building a high-caliber, innovative team, pushing the boundaries in augmented reality gaming. If you are exceptionally motivated and looking to get in early with a company on the brink of delivering the next breakthrough in entertainment, this is your opportunity! Come join a team focused on bringing a truly unique product to the world.
castAR Developer Support Engineers work with many of the most talented game developers and studios throughout the world. You will help developers take advantage of what castAR brings to their games and their user experiences and have the opportunity to make a positive impact on hundreds of games and millions of users.
As Developer Support Engineer, you should have an outgoing, well-versed in game development processes and trends, and enjoy traveling to talk with game developers and game-engine developers on-site and at industry events.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Help developers identify the best and easiest ways to adapt a developer’s existing project to the castAR environment and promote best-practices to create world-class gaming experiences on the castAR Platform.
- Work as a team with the castAR Account Executives and Coordinators to prioritize castAR resources and organize developer kitchens and code-jam events.
- Collaborate with castAR software and hardware engineering teams to provide feedback from developers to help improve the castAR experience for our developers and end-users.
- Experiment with the latest AR/VR technology to develop new techniques using the castAR Platform, create technical demos, write white papers and present your work at conferences; help drive development trends and games features.
- Create on-line documentation and materials, explaining best practices and techniques for the platform.
- Collaborate with developers on game design and user-interface and interaction with the game environment.
What You'll Need to Have:
- BS degree in Computer Games, Computer Science, Game Technology or related field.
- 3+ years of programming skills in C++ and Unity 3D or higher
- Experience with OpenGL ES is a strong plus
- Familiarity with native Android and Unity game development
- Game industry background, preferably game development team lead
- Background in evangelization of new platforms, programming techniques, and/or game engines
- Excellent communication skills (verbally and writtenly)
- Travel for on-site visits with developers and to conferences will be required
Would be great if you also have:
- Wide game engine familiarity: Unreal, Frostbite, Unity, Marmalade, Cocos.
- OpenGL, GLSL with respect to Stereo 3D, VR, and AR implementations.
- Familiarity with Google Daydream, HTC Vive, and Oculus.
- Android Operating System, including Android TV and game controller management, Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Past experience of presenting at conferences and publishing.